Sunday 13 June 2010

52 Walks in 2010 - Walk 16 - Another walk around Wrest Park, Silsoe, Bedfordshire (13th June 2010)

I am so far behind with my walks and really disappointed that I've not managed to keep up.

Anyway, we headed off for walk number 16 today. We went back to Wrest Park. When we were there in April I focused my photography on the buildings, today I focused on the garden and the plants.

Wrest Park’s formal gardens are spread over 150 acres, were laid out over 150 years and inspired by the great gardens of Versailles in France.

These first few photos are of the West Flower Garden which was laid out by the Earl de Grey for his wife, the countess.





Standing by the wall is a statue of Pomona, goddess of fruit.



Alongside the West Flower Garden is The Strangers Gate Walk and alongside this is a flower border which at this time of year is full of beautiful scented flowers.











Even in the uncut pasture land in a different area of this garden there are lovely flowers like these yellow Birds Foot Trefoil flowers.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Oh Karen - I always love your photos from Wrest Park - They always make me want to visit - perhaps I will get to do one of my weekly walks here this year!

Lynn said...

What beautiful photography Karen. Would love to visit there one day too.