Thursday 22 January 2009

Day 22 - January 22nd

"Rain, rain go away"Italic

It so so wet today but I was determined to go outside and take a photo. I noticed how pretty the raindrops looked on some of the plants and spent quite a while trying to capture them.

I'm beginning to realise more and more how much better my photos could be if I were to turn off the auto setting on my camera and learn how to use it properly - or even get a DSL. When it was my birthday Wayne suggested I might like a new camera but until I have the time to learn more about photography or even do a hands-on course it would be a waste. One Day!

3 comments:

Simon Marchini said...

Hi, I've been following for a while. A SLR is not necessary the answer. I have a woman friend who is replacing her Canon 5D with the new Canon G10 because she found the camera too heavy. This is something to think about.

The other thing to think about is post production. What software do you use to process the images. This will have a much bigger impact on your images than any camera.

Just a thought.

Karen said...

Thanks for your comment Simon.

I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 to tweak my photos. I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 but am struggling to get to grips with that.

joanold said...

you have captured the raindrops so well.