Sunday 15 June 2014

Day 163 - June 12th

Today was day 2 of Lara's school Sport Day and and meant another afternoon stood in the blistering heat waiting for her event which turned out to the penultimate event of the afternoon! As it was the 75m relay I couldn't get any photos of Lara on her own so today's photos are instead of the garden.

Lots more plants and trees now in bloom.

I'm not sure what this white tree is. I don't think I've ever noticed the flowers on it before but it it beautiful. I must remember to ask Mum and Dad what it is.



Beautiful orange Lilies are flowering and loving the sunshine.


More varieties of Clematis are flowering.


Lots and lots of Pinks (Dianthus) all grown from shoots collected by my Mum from Pinks she's received or bought as cut flowers.



There are a few Alstroeamerias. There used to be lots when I was a child but now only a few remain.


The Hypericum bushes grow really well here and always produce an abundance of flowers.



2 comments:

Juliet said...

Lovely pics - is the white flower scented? It looks a bit like a single orange blossom which is quite a prolific shrub with a great scent (nothing to do with oranges about from similarity of scent to orange tree flowers). X

Karen said...

I think you're right Juliet. My mum doesn't know what it is but I've done some research and I think its a Mock Orange also called English Dogwood. The flowers smell similar to Jasmine.