Thursday 9 January 2014

Day 9 - January 9th

Yesterday was very wet again and when I went for a walk this morning it was evident just how much rain has fallen over the past week.

I photographed this bridge last week when the water was already quite high but now it is considerably higher and touching the bridge. If we have much more rain I see I will need to wear wellies if I want to cross the bridge.



This pond (which I learned a few weeks ago is one of a number of ancient medieval fish ponds) has overflowed and water has nearly reached the footpath. In the summer the pond is completely dry.


In front of The Old Vicarage the brook has started to spill out onto the lawn.


Thankfully we have had no where near as much rain as other parts of the country and the water levels and effect of the rise in water aren't causing problems but it is interesting to see the difference each day. Living on a hill does have it's benefits.

No comments: