Monday 20 January 2014

Day 16 - January 16th


Today's photo is of the pile of books which are next to my bed. They have been there for quite sometime with the intention of being read. I decided that this year I will read these books and in fact the top two on the right hand pile have already been read since January 1st. (If you should ever read 'The Art of Racing in the Rain' have a box of tissues handy - it's a real tearjerker.)

There is a real variety of books in the pile: 

  • The Casual Vacancy, J.K. Rowling's first novel for adults - I bought this because 'The Casual Vacancy' is a seat on the parish council!
  • The A303 - we have travelled the A303 so many times on our way on holiday to the South-West.
  • The last two books in 'The Hunger Games' trilogy - I read the first book and watched the movie and the intention was to read book 2 before the second movie was released and book 3 before the third movie was released. The second movie was released in the UK in November and I didn't get to see it and I haven't read the book! Hopefully I'll read it before the movie is released on DVD.
  • Cloud Atlas - Another book I want to read before seeing the movie.
  • Several Chicklits from a few of my favourite authors - I've had these books so long!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I have just read "The Casual Vacancy". I hope your Parish Council is not quite like that one!