Sunday 28 August 2011

Scarecrow Festival

OMG it is ages since I've posted any photos on this blog. My A-Z photography challenge fell by the wayside I'm afraid. It seemed like such a good idea but I just couldn't come up with ideas of what to photograph each fortnight so sadly, I gave up.

Anyway, I have some photos to post today.

This weekend is our bi-annual Village Scarecrow Festival in aid of the parish church. Followers of my blog may recall seeing the photos I posted in 2009 and also maybe the photos I posted on my Scrapping blog in 2007.

Apologies for the length of this rather photo heavy post - there were so many great scarecrows around the village today (braving the showery weather) that I just had to share them.

This musical quartet were cute sitting on a wall with country music playing in the background.



Igglepiggle from 'In the Night Garden' was peeping from this garden.


There was a street party taking place.........


.......... and a lady selling lavender.


Outside a house (formally a butchers shop) was a whole shop complete with scarecrow butcher and scarecrow customers. Love the rabbits hanging up for sale at the back - awwww (click on the photo for a closer look)


There was a super witch .........


......... and a couple of figures outside one of the pubs including Borat in his mankini!


There were scarecrows carrying out motor repairs.


Romeo ..............

............. and his Juliet.


Captain Hook.

Where's Wally? - there he is!


Scarecrows lazing in the sunshine.............

.......... and hiding in tents.


And one of our favourites, Sponge Bob, was there


The scarecrows get better each year and how everyone decides what scarecrow to make I don't know. Maybe next time we'll make our own - we have two years to come up with an idea.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I also fell by the wayside with the A to Z challenge Karen!
Love the scarecrows as always super photos.

Anita said...

Fantastic Karen!!! I have always enjoyed seeing your pics of these and I agree, this is def the best year so far.....fantastic! super pics,you have really captured them well.xx

siddeshwar said...

Greetings from India.

Beautiful creations. Good photos. Until now I din't know Scarecrow Festival ever existed.