Saturday 26 December 2009

Day 359 - December 25th (Christmas Day)

Christmas Day - We were awake by 7.30am and after opening stockings (sacks) in bed we went downstairs to find Santa had been. As usual he had left his magical snowy footprints all over the lounge carpet.



The children were pleased with their gifts. Lara was one of the lucky children to get a much sought after Go Go Pets Hamster.



But she was equally enthralled with the smaller things she received like this Kinetic Wheel (gyroscope?) that was in her stocking .



Christopher had parts to build new PC and a DAB clock radio.



Steven received a much awaited iPod touch which he proudly showed his Granddad when we went to my parents late morning.



My Mum received a Nintendo DS and brain training game!



My Dad who is a Sudoku fan was interested to see that the brain training game included Sudoku so after lunch he and Lara had a go.



The afternoon and evening was spent playing games ... and eating .... and drinking ... and doing what one usually does at Christmas.







I received some nice presents too.
A Laptop cushion ........



Some lovely books of aeriel photos of Norfolk ............



Several DVDs ...........



Some CDs to listen to in the car ........



My much needed family calendar from Lakeland. One of the very few I've seen that have room for 5 family members plus another column for birthdays, etc as well as room for additional notes and a pocket for invitations, etc. Without this calendar I wouldn't have a clue what everyone was supposed to be doing!



And a microwaveable scarf! It's quite heavy because it contains wheat grains but after heating the microwave for 2 minutes its lovely and cosy and will be great for walks to and from the school each day.

2 comments:

Deb said...

You look as if you had a lovely Christmas day with your family Karen. I love Christopher's hat - someone in my house could have done with one of those! You had some lovely presents - I am very jealous of your Norfolk books - BUT - Jess has got an OT job in Norwich and goes back to live there in January - so I will be able to visit there again! Love the idea of that warming scarf!

Linda said...

looks like a great day Karen! I particularly like your microwave scarf! I could do with that on dog walks! Love the way you've photogrpahed your presents with tinsel round them!