Thursday 22 October 2009

Day 295 - October 22nd

Today has been a day of rushing here and there. Lots of errands to do. So when I finally found myself with half an hour on my hands I decided to go for a walk.

Part of my walk took me down a footpath known as 'The Twitchell'. I don't know the origin of the word 'Twitchell' but understand that it commonly refers to a narrow lane or alley or passageway. At this time of year the footpath is quite slippery with lots of fallen leaves but its quite pretty too. At the top of the footpath there is a very polite sign which makes me chuckle. It says "All Persons passing by this Twitchell are to go directly up and down without loitering, collecting together so as to create obstruction committing nuisance breaking fences etc"

3 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

It looks lovely. I bet it is a bit creepy after dark though!

Deb said...

I hope you obeyed the rules and did not cause an obstruction or was a nuisance! Great photo of a path that you walk on often - it will be a good memory.

Linda said...

what a lovely photo! You have captured the dappled sunlight so well. LOL at the sign! We call them 'twittens' here in Sussex