Sunday 27 September 2009

Day 270 - September 27th

This afternoon we went to Wrest Park. It will probably be our last visit this year because Wrest Park closes at the end of October until next April. Today I tried to concentrate on taking photos of signs of autumn.

My photo of the day is my final 'Seasonal Feet' photo - 'Autumn Feet'.



I now have photos of all the seasons and a scrapbook layout using them would, I think, be quite good.



There were lots of chestnuts lying on the ground in their spikey coats.


Some pretty impressive mushrooms/toad stalls. I even got down to ground level to photograph them.


Some weird looking fungi.


And lots and lots of conkers still on the tree as well as on the ground.



These berries have intrigued me on previous visits so today I googled them and discovered the tree is a yew tree. They look just like beads that have been pinned on the tree - perhaps that's the crafter in me thinking that!


I also took the opportunity to try and take some photos of Lara. She wasn't in a particularly happy mood though having just lost one of several sticks she had been carrying around the park with her! Although they aren't the happiest photos I do like the colours in them though.




2 comments:

Deb said...

Oh Karen what a lovely collection of Autumn photos - you really do take fantastic photos. I liked seeing your POTD along with the other seasonal feet photos - they do show the changing seasons so well. LOL at Lara - we all seem to have grumpy children at the moment!

Coffeedoff said...

Great idea the feet photos. Loved the autumn ones too!