Thursday 11 June 2009

Day 162 - June 11th

This is the street where I grew up although the house I lived at is further down the road, out of shot. But the timber framed building in the centre of the photo is of special interest to me. It is called 'The Old Bakehouse' and until two generations ago it was the ancestral home of my mothers family who were the village bakers. The last time I went inside the building it still had the old bread ovens which had been made a feature. Its a lovely old building and I would love to live there.

3 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

It looks gorgeous. Old bouildings have such character!

Linda said...

oh that looks really lovely karen! How fab to know that is your ancestral home!

Deb said...

What a wonderful photo and even more special because of your family history attached to it - just what this 365 project is all about.